Krabi 4 Island Sunset by Longtail Boat
The sunset Poda Islands snorkelling trip is quite an active trip with quite a lot of stops.
Enjoy snorkeling off Krabi's stunning white-sand beaches. Experience crystal clear water and spectacular scenery under the backdrop of a painted sunset.
After the other tourists have left you'll love this magical place, waves lapping gently as the sun goes down. The water is at bath temperature and just begs to be swam in.
Sit down in the dining hall at Railey Beach and eat some great simple bbq, seafood, vegetarian, halal and non-seafood options are catered for, just let us know your needs in advance. The dinner hall at Railey is behind the beach, so there is no view, but as you walk there you get to see some of the evening life at Railay. The food is simple but plentiful, the hall itself is quite barebones, nothing fancy, but more than adequate with thai style toilet and washing facitlities. The food is all ready when you arrive, so its just a 40 minute or so stop.
After eating, take a moonlit dip in the sea. If you are lucky you may get to see the phospherscent plankton, like fireflies in the water.
Even the boat ride back to Aonang, watching the light go down over Aonang Bay and the 4 Islands disappearing behind you is an memory of Krabi that you won't forget.
The trip is on a double decker boat with a top level sundeck where you can lounge and sunbathe between the stops. The boat is actually a converted fishing boat and is very basic with hard benches on the lower covered deck and just the floor to sit on at the upper deck. Its a bit rusty and peeling paint but its solid and seaworthy.
They call it the 7 island sunset trip but really, its a trip around Poda Island and a few of the surrounding Islands.
Starting at about 2:00pm the trip stops at:
1. Pranang Bay - stop in the bay for a swim and if you are feeling adventurous, jump off the top level of the boat into the water. The cliffs at Pranang bay are amazing. (30 minutes)
2. Tanming Island for open water snorkelling (30 minutes)
3. transfer to a longtail boat to land at the beach at Poda Island (45 minutes)
4. Continue on the longtail boat to Tup Island. (30 minutes)
5. Transfer back onto the big boat and then pass by Chicken island for a photo
6. Sea Island for snorkelling (30 minutes)
7. Transfer to the Longtail again to land at Railay beach for dinner.
8. Transfer back to the big boat and stop in the darkness for snorkelling just off Pranang Bay and if lucky, get to see the phosphorescent plankton
9. Arrive back at the pier at about 8:30pm for the transfer back to the hotel.
|Krabi 4 Island Sunset by longtail boat||
Hotel Transfer, Life jacket, Mark & Snorkel, BBQ buffer dinner, Fruits, Drinking water, Guide, Insurance.
Note: There is a surcharge of 100thb for hotels and resorts in Klong Muang and Tubkaek and krabi town.
Note: ** National Park Fees are not included for Island Tours. Fee for this tour is 400thb per adult, 200thb per child (3 and under free). Please make sure you have the Thai Baht to make the payment. ** It is possible to avoid this payment by not going to the beaches along the way, however, as this is one of the best parts of the trip, we would not recommend taking this option.
This trip is not suitable for people who are not reasonably fit and agile, transfering between the boats requires a bit of balance and some steps to climb. It is fine with young children as long as you have one adult per child as they may need lifting into and out of the boats.
Hotel transfer by Songthaew
12.00 Pick up service from Krabi town, Klong Muang Area
12.30 Pick up from Aonang Area
13.00 Depart from local pier to railay island.
- Go to Chicken Island for snorkeling.
- Go to Tup Island
- Go to Railay Beach for your BBQ buffet dinner.
- stop off the coats of Railey for a night time snorkel (hopefully) with the phosphorescent plankton.
20.00 (approx) Arrive back the Hotel
Please note that this is a no frills trip and really suits backpackers, budget travellers and young people who like to jump off the roof of the boat and snorkel in the moonlight. For a more comfortable sunset trip please take a look at the Sunset 4 Island on a Traditional Junk. This trip has much higher quality food and service and comfort.